Spicy Thai Noodles
Healthy Home Coach Chef Angela B.
- 1 pound organic linguine
- 2 TBS organic olive oil
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1/2 tsp organic crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 organic zucchini, cut in half vertically, then sliced in half circles
- 8 ounces organic mushroom, chopped
- 3 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup low sodium organic soy sauce
- 1.5 TBS organic sriracha hot sauce (Very spicy. Use less for milder flavor)
- 2 inches fresh organic ginger, grated
- 1 handful fresh organic cilantro, chopped
- 4 organic green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup organic peanuts, chopped (can substitute almonds)
- Fill a large stock pot halfway with water and salt. Bring to a boil. Add linguine and cook according to directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine soy sauce, sriracha, and ginger; whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Return large stock pot to stove, heat over medium heat, add 1 TBS olive oil. Add lightly beaten eggs and red pepper flakes and stir to scramble the eggs. Once cooked, set aside with pasta.
- Return large stock pot to stove, heat the remaining 1 TBS of olive oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms, and garlic. Sauté over medium high heat for 4-6 minutes or until veggies are lightly cooked.
- Turn heat down to low. Add pasta and eggs back to pot. Pour the sauce mixture over the top. Stir well to coat pasta and vegetables with sauce. Remove from heat, add chopped peanuts (or almonds), green onions, and cilantro; stir to combine.